Here at Greenvale we are part of a learning community of schools across the world that uses the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) as their planned curriculum for all pupils from Year One to Six. The IPC is an innovative, creative and thematic approach to delivering Science and the Foundation Subjects. We value the program in making meaningful links across the curriculum more explicit.
The IPC engenders skills such as international-mindedness, personal development and global understanding as well as developing independence and thinking skills. We believe that these necessary key skills and personal qualities will better equip our pupils as they move on to secondary school and the world of work.
The IPC adds an international dimension which will allow for our children to:
- Recognise their own culture and have a sense of identity
- Be open-minded
- Be respectful of and be sensitive to other cultures and beliefs
- Be aware of, and be able to celebrate diversity and commonality
- Have respect for and value other people and their ideas and opinions
- Be able to communicate (have good interpersonal skills)
- Be adaptable
- Be aware of, and have an interest in global issues
The IPC is made up of thematic units of work, allowing our school to deliver a comprehensive curriculum that ignites creativity, promotes rigorous learning and is designed to be fun and engaging.
Please watch the video below to learn a little more about the way in which a unit of work is designed.