At Greenvale we are incredibly lucky to have a large area of space behind the school that we use specifically for Forest School sessions.
Mrs Catchpole, our specially trained Forest School teacher, runs two sessions a week, as well as after school clubs which are always very well attended by children at our school.
Sessions include a variety of activities including:
- Den building
- Outdoor art and craft activities
- Construction involving natural materials
- Creating tools and instruments such as a bow and arrow
- Learning how to create a fire using a flint and steel
- Looking at nature that lives in and around Forest School
- Consideration of seasonal changes
Our Year 1 class are in receipt of a session each week throughout the academic year which ties into their learning and thoroughly enjoy their sessions.